Friday, June 7, 2019

Such a deal!

Hello Folks ~ I want to thank all of you for your concern with my not having a.c. for a couple of days. I want to tell you that this tiny 5000 BTU a.c. is keeping my little cottage very comfortable. It has been as low as 74 degrees in the bedroom which is the furthest room from the a.c. I almost think it is doing a better job at cooling this place that the larger BTU by Friedrichs. I put a Lasko, pedestal fan in the hallway which blows the cooler air into bedroom and have a ceiling fan over the bed. I am very comfortable. God is good! 

The man who cleaned my large a.c. unit is to be here tomorrow to drill a hole or two in the bottom pan of the unit, so that water can drain out. I haven't contacted Friedrichs yet, but did take photos of the deteriorating fins. I am really bummed with this unit as this company has the reputation of being the Cadillac of air conditioners. I bought this thinking it was going to last me a good many years, not just two. 

I am so thankful for this Daewoo tiny a.c.



This morning I did a couple of errands, had to get windshield wiper blades, saw a shoe store that was going out of business and stopped there, but they weren't going to be opening for another 40 minutes or so, so I went on my way. Decided to stop at a new thrift store I'd heard about, and checked out their shoe dept. as I need new shoes for gardening in. This is the pair I found. Almost new, just a bit of a scuff on the right toe area. I knew nothing about the brand, I tried them on and they are perfect, 7 1/2 wide. They are made in the USA. I got home and googled them, they are SAS tripad comfort, $171. I paid $4.99.



When I told my friend about them, she said God placed them right on the shelf just for me to find. They were the best looking shoe of this type on the shelves.

****************

I was reading something the other day about taking long canes of roses and bending them over, to make more shoots come out along the cane. Well, I did that with the 'Bermuda Kathleen' rose that I have, and it is doing great. I've another cane from it that I need to bend over in the opposite direction.

  


 ******************

I will be facilitating with the lady who leads GriefShare at my church. We have become friends since I went to the first session. We were together yesterday at her apt. viewing the video for the one time session for 'Loss of a Spouse'. We visited, had lunch and after I got home, I laid down for a nap, but couldn't sleep.

I got up and got out some supplies and created this piece.



I have 14 more of the little bottles. They are flat on the back side. The little tear drops are sewn to the felt underneath the bottle. The bottle is sewn down. There is a bluish crystal at the top of bottle. I'd like to make these up to give to participants. It took me roughly 2-3 hours to make, not sure exactly.

I've been itching to create again and this is the perfect start.

We had a little rain today, more is expected. We really needed it.

That's it for now. Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are.

FlowerLady

16 comments:

Terra said...

Those bottles would be treasured by the grief share participants. I like the blue glass area of the bottle and how the beads shine through. A friend of mine wrote a book for widows "He Gathers Your Tears." Those words mean a lot to us.

Morning's Minion said...

I'm glad to read that the smaller A/C unit is keeping you comfortable. My husband has bought an older truck--very road-worthy--but he A/C needs to be repaired. How spoiled we've gotten! The cars of yesteryear didn't offer much in the way of cooling--we opened the windows! Not the best option when its 90 F and humid outside.

Ann said...

That ac unit is doing an excellent job for you. So glad to hear it.
That is some fantastic deal on those shoes. Looking at them I thought they were brand new. It doesn't look like they have ever been worn. I've never heard of that brand before.
Love the felt piece you made. that is really nice.

Kim said...

Wow! So many things to praise God for! Loved your burst of creativity. I think the others would love to receive one of your tears in a bottle pillows. What a deal on those shoes! God is good! Thanks for the tip about rose canes. Very cool! Have a good weekend!

Nancy J said...

Op shop finds, the right item is there when we need it most. My best find ever, HUGE heavy Indian Cotton Curtains. Quite yellowed, I took them all apart, we did a soak, a bleach, and scrub, and after a few years left to wait, they are now in our new bedroom, well the bedroom in our new home. Little can be just as good as huge, wonderful the smaller A C is doing so well.

Nancy J said...

I forgot to mention, those curtains, about 20 metres in total, for $15!!! Maybe at least $200 worth, so with new thermal linings, they are wonderful. They were so heavy, a dear friend happened along at that time and helped me heave them into the car.

GRACE PETERSON said...

Hi Lorraine,

I'm trying to get back to reading blogs again. I'm glad your AC is working. The heat is not fun, especially when trying to sleep. Nice find on the shoes. I too believe they were meant for you. And really nice job on your creations. You're so talented. I pull over the long canes on my William Baffin rose. It really works. Have a great weekend.

Henny Penny said...

Glad you're staying cooler now. It is so miserable to be hot, especially trying to sleep at night. I can't believe the deal you got on those shoes. Those look brand new. Wish I could grow roses like you can.

Anne Payne said...

I'm happy you are staying cool now! That FL heat and humidity is brutal. I'm not completely understanding about the 'caning' so I will have to look it up. I don't think I have any roses like those you're showing. I planted several more perennials this morning. :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Glad to hear that you are comfortable in your home now It is just like God to supply what we need, even before we ask, like He did with those shoes.

ellen b. said...

Glad that little A/C is working well for you. What a great find in those shoes and only 4.99. I love a bargain. Glad you found them. That's a sweet craft, maybe you could let the participants each make their own. Start them off with the idea and see what they come up with.

GretchenJoanna said...

Wow - a great shoe find.

So glad you are comfortable. God bless that little fan!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi There, I haven't had time to comment much lately, but I always enjoy reading your posts.... SAS shoes are AWESOME... My in-laws used to wear them years ago--and talked about how good they are. They ARE expensive... Both hubby and I wear them now and have for several years. The pair you got looks similar to my tennis shoes (and I certainly didn't get mine for $5).... CRAZY ... Lucky Girl!!!!

I posted a blog post today.
Hugs,
Betsy

Rebecca said...

I'm catching up after a week of vacation and getting back into routune, -- such as we have.đŸ˜„

How good to read your post, see the way the Lord has cared for you, and marvel at your artistic creations,!

M.K. said...

SAS are good shoes! And the little pillow is darling.

Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love this little bottle and bless you for being a saint.