Thursday, April 4, 2019

Wonderful eggs by Vital Farms

Good Thursday afternoon Folks ~ thought I’d share some delicious eggs that I found at my local Publix grocery store. I thought I would like to try some eggs produced by ‘happy chickens’. 

Oh my goodness. First off, the carton caught my eye, and even though the price is steep, $6.29 a dozen, I decided to try them. These aren’t for cooking/baking with, but for eating as an egg. You can check their website out here

EDIT: 04-05- These eggs can be used for cooking/baking with, I didn't mean that they couldn't. It's just at this price, and on my limited budget, I prefer to eat them as eggs for breakfast, lunch or supper.




 I was not disappointed, the yolks are this wonderful golden color, and the whites were custardy instead of rubbery.




I have tried a couple other brands since, but to me this one is the best. I looked up local farms and farm raised eggs run about the same price.

For all of you who have chickens and get your own fresh eggs, you are blessed. I’ve been watching homesteading videos and chickens take work, but they are a joy to interact with and they give you food to eat. I will drive to my local Publix and pick up a dozen when I need them. 

That’s it for this post. I had written the company telling them I would do a post on them on my blog, so here it is.

Happy Spring to some and Happy Summer to others.

FlowerLady

12 comments:

Nancy J said...

Lovely to know the egg is so good,and the firm will so appreciate some happy words.

Debbie Harris said...

Oh yes, those are the BEST eggs ever!
You are fortunate to pay that price as I pay a dollar more here where I live. :{
There is no comparison, even with other better quality eggs, and I too love the packaging.
Your breakfast looks delicious!

Happy Day to you~

Thelma said...

Those eggs look delicious. Happy Spring!

Melanie said...

Wow, those are expensive eggs! I buy organic, cage-free (I know it's not that same as pastured raised, but this is what's in my area) eggs at Trader Joe's for around $4/doz. However, when you think about it...12 eggs can easily feed you 6 meals and for $6, that's a great price. I am fortunate in the warmer weather that the farmstand up the road from me sells their farm fresh eggs for only $4.50/doz. Best eggs I've ever had!

Ruth Hiebert said...

They sound expensive but tasty. Sometimes it’s just worth the extra cost to get something really good.

Betty said...

That is the cutest box. My Hubby has a co worker that has chickens and he buys eggs from him. Hubby just loves his fresh eggs.

Ann said...

Wow, that is expensive but they do look good. The package would have caught my eye too.

Anne Payne said...

These eggs intrigue me since you said they aren't for cooking/baking. I do miss my farm fresh eggs since moving to the city. My neighbor has maybe five chickens but they don't produce enough eggs to buy any from her. I haven't tried urban chicken farming for myself yet. It seems like a lot more work. I would rather read. haha ;-)

Out on the prairie said...

It is all how they eat and live to make good eggs. I would love to get that price, we sell at $2 on the farm. Have you ever had duck eggs, many like them for something different.

ellen b. said...

We do feel blessed to have fresh eggs from our sons 11 chickens and we notice a difference from store bought ones. I like your reasoning in paying the price for a good meal with those special eggs!

Kit said...

We were lucky and a friend of my husbands gave us some of their homegrown eggs and they were wonderful! :) Kit

M.K. said...

Real, yummy eggs from chickens who are cared for lovingly and allowed to free range -- those are fabulous! At our farmer's market, they sell for $3.50/dozen. I sell to friends for $3.00. But that probably reflects that we live in a rural area. They do cost more in big cities. They are so healthy for you!