Saturday, March 2, 2013

80 Gardens around the world

I found this collection of videos a week or so ago and have been enjoying them all. Very interesting gardens from famous to infamous. Each segment is about an hour long.

Enjoy and be inspired.

Around the World in 80 Gardens 1 Mexico and Cuba Maria's Garden in Cuba

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 2 Australia & New Zealand

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 3 India

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 4 South America

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 5 United States

Around the World in 80 Gardens 6 China & Japan

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 7 The Mediterranean

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 8 South Africa

 

Around the World in 80 Gardens 9 Northern Europe

 

It is very windy and chilly down here in s.e. FL this Saturday afternoon, but the sun is shining and that is great. Yesterday was damp and depressing. The low for tonight is expected to be 44 real feel 38.  That is cold for us down here.

This morning I baked two loaves of avocado bread, so the oven heated up the cottage. The avocado was a humongous one from my boss from his tree.  I brought one loaf to Nanci my friend who has the shop next door to where I work. We had a slice with chai tea just a little while ago.

I’ve got a vegetable soup with little ham cubes in it cooking in the crockpot. My neighbors gave me some veggies from their churches’ food pantry last night so I wanted to use some of them up this morning and a soup sounded just right. I had the ham in the freezer from a sale of buy one get one free a few weeks back. I also used a container of organic veggie broth 32 oz.  that I had in my cupboard from when making soups for DH, I added some water, a bay leaf, and some garlic and onion.  It ought to be smelling yummy when I get home.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a great week next week.

Don’t forget to count your blessings.

FlowerLady

***

No matter how long the winter,

spring is sure to follow.

Proverb

8 comments:

Friko said...

Mony Don is a gardener himself. He is back on TV here in the UK on ‘Gardener’s World’ after suffering a stroke not long after completing the series of 80 Gardens.

We watched the programmes on the BBC.

Your cooking plans sound delicious and cheering. Guten Appetit!

Rebecca said...

Oh, I can't wait for some spare minutes to start in looking at some of those gardens! What a treasure trove.

Your soup sounds yummy! And avocado bread makes me very curious...

F Cameron said...

I'll take a look! Thanks for sharing.

Have a great weekend.

Marti said...

Oooh, how neat. I love looking at gardens around the world.

I've never heard of avocado bread. Is it like banana bread?

Betsy Banks Adams said...

OH My Goodness... Thanks for the garden videos.. We love to visit gardens --so seeing some of these makes me want to travel much more... ha

Cold up here too--but it's supposed to get warmer as we go through the week... We had snow off and on all weekend --but not much accumulation.

Your avocado bread sounds delicious.. So does your soup. This is perfect weather for SOUP.

Have a blessed day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Balisha said...

Hi Lorraine,
Thankyou for this wonderful gift. I've been sick, so it will be something for me to watch... other than the four walls...LOL
Will you share the recipe for the bread?
Balisha

Kit said...

Wow, so many videos and so little time....LOL We are having a very windy and sunny day here. Hubby said it was snowing like crazy this morn but now, very springlike. Enjoy your Sunday! Love, Kit

Anonymous said...

Homemade soup and bread are my favorite things to eat.

Garden videos have great ideas.

Hope you are well and Happy Lorraine.