Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Danny faded away, Erika took his place

 

Hi Folks ~ I am sitting here in my little space while it gently (right now) rains. A lot of rain is expected for the next week or so. I felt well enough and had the window of opportunity to mow at my ‘jobsite’ this morning, so that’s what I did.  I took tiny breaks and drank water and was glad when the job was done. I washed and dried doggie ‘bedding’ too.

Well, hurricane Danny fizzled and faded away. BUT now there is Erika who is a tropical storm right now and I pray she stays that way, or just fizzles out as Danny did.  She is headed right towards my area. Of course, being me, a gazillion worries start surfacing and I am doing my best to give them to God and continue on. This is the first storm since my dear husband left this planet, and since Wilma 10 years ago. Erika is nothing like Wilma. So far Erika is just a tropical storm.

Here’s the prediction right now. Winds predicted the closer the storm gets. I’ll keep you posted.

08-26-erika

Thank you all for your prayers with this ‘bug’. I remembered a black elderberry syrup made by Sombucal in France that Sandra of Thistle Cove Farm blog had told me about when I was sick in the spring. I bought that Monday morning and dosed myself with the intensive care dosage, 2 tsps. 4 times a day, drank hot ginger tea sweetened with honey, and at night if I had a cough I took a bit of honey. I also took herbs and vitamins. Yesterday I felt better, today I feel more normal again.  I sure didn’t want to get sick like in the spring, that lasted for over 6 weeks. This morning I’m sure I sweated out a ton of toxins.  When I got home from mowing, I checked the weather and it was in the high 80’s but felt like it was 107.  YIKES!  I had a nice long nap this afternoon.

That’s it once again from tropical s.e. FL. I hope you all are enjoying your week so far. Thanks for your visits and comments.

FlowerLady

 

The trouble with weather forecasting is that it’s right too often for us to ignore it and wrong too often for us to rely on it.

Patrick Young

---

The best thing one can do when it’s raining is to let it rain.

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

---

Whether the weather be fine,
Whether the weather be not,
Whether the weather be cold,
Whether the weather be hot,
We’ll weather the weather,
Whatever the weather,
Whether we like it or not
Author Unknown

24 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Take care of yourself. Be ready for the storm if it comes.

Rebecca said...

Great weather quotes :)
Hopefully, Erika too will pass....

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Hope you stay safe and snug in your little cottage! Hope you stocked up on candles and water:) Sending hugs and glad you are feeling better! xo Karen

Ruth Hiebert said...

DO get lots of rest and feel better soon.

Val said...

Get your rest. Anything with sore throats and coughing is miserable. ♥

'Glad you had a good time out the other night! :)

Celestina Marie said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better. Stay safe in the storms. Great weather quotes!! Prayers for you. cm

Janneke said...

Glad you are feeling better and what concerns Erika, hope she has changed her mind and took another direction or fade away like Danny. We have lots of storms here but no tropical storms or even hurricanes, it's really frightening.

Jean Campbell said...

I hope that storm can just round the tip of Florida and come on up through the Gulf bringing rain to us but not devastating winds. I don't ask for much, do I?

Stay safe.

BeachGypsy said...

Are you feeling any better? Hope so! Take care okay?

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Oh I hope that Erika weakens!

Jillayne said...

loved the quote about the right and wrong of weather fore-casting - they really struggle with it here but I think it's partly because of all the valleys - the wind can move weather quickly through them so things often change sooner than expected.
I'm sorry to hear you were under the weather, and glad you are now on the mend. We already have colds roaming around our town so I hope I avoid getting one. Last year I had two which is very unusual for me, so I'm hopeful this year I won't get any.
Watching the news of storms and hurricanes is always worrisome - I can't imagine what it would be like to be in the path of one - I hope it fizzles out long before it reaches your area Lorraine.
Take care, stay well and keep dry!

Hugs,

jillayne

Jessica Jarrell said...

Oh, I'm hoping that Erika fizzles out. I hate seeing all the damage and destruction from these storms, it so sad. I also hope you get to feeling better, get lots of rest this weekend. Have a great weekend Lorraine! :)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi Lorraine, I am sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you continue to feel better. I haven't been catching national weather forecasts. I hope the last storm did not get worse as it headed your way. I like those quotes about weather, too.

I caught your post before this one, and was glad to see you got to experience that fun evening with your sister-in-law. I love the last photo of your yard and the oriel.

Thank you for your comment on my WW post. I do like to think of my garden as a happy place. Yours is, too.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I just saw CNN's coverage of the hurricane. It sounds like it is hard to predict what it is going to do, since it hasn't been behaving according to previous predictions. I am praying for you and those who could be affected.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lorraine, We have been on vacation out west ---but just wanted you to know that I'm keeping up with your blog posts. My prayers are with you and your area --when it comes to that stinking' storm.. I hope and pray that it goes ANOTHER direction and that you will be safe. God Bless.

Hugs,
Betsy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Rainey, I'm so clueless...I'm thinking Danny WHO and Erika WHO...what's going on down there??? Reading further...glad Danny fizzled, hope Erika does as well.
So glad you're feeling better and sounds like all of your good therapies worked well...praise God! I've started taking my vitamins again; for some reason I forgot for months...silly me. I take more than 2 dozen a day so it's a large commitment.
I've worn a flannel nightgown 2 nights running but it's warmed up today. In the early morning it's been 42 F and colder during the night...lovely as long as the dogs didn't steal the blankets.
It's been a week filled with good, filled with not so good and totally over run with God...it's all good.
xo Sandra @ Thistle Cove Farm

KathyB. said...

I am praying for your safety and for your heart to be free of fear and worry . I saw the storm predictions for Florida on the news, and battening down the hatches sounds like a smart idea...but may God calm your heart.

I hope you're feeling better now.

I love the little poem about weather !

Looking forward to reading all is well, and it will be !!!!!

Terra said...

Be well Flowerlady, and stay dry during Erika.

gld said...

I am finally trying to catch up with my favorite blogs. I didn't realize you were sick. I am happy to hear you are improving.

I have been wondering about that Florida storm and you....I hope it stays just a storm and does no damage to your home.

I will be thinking of you.

Cheryl said...

Hope that you are continuing to improve!! A summer bug is never fun. (Not that a bug is fun any time of year, but it seems more out of place in the summer I think.)

Like your weather quotes! :)

Have you ever read the Amy Carmichael poem "The Age-Long Minute"? I found it a comforting poem when we were waiting out a hurricane several years ago. Praying for you...

Kit said...

I am hoping Erika misses ya, or if she still continues on, she is not very strong but just gives you some needed rain. :) We are struggling over here with all the forest fires and the smoke.Yuck! But hopefully we will have some relief soon! Kit

Susan said...

Thankfully it looks like more of a rain event than a hurricane. Good news for us we need the rain! Stay dry and cozy.

Deb said...

Glad to hear you are starting to feel more yourself, I believe I had that bug last week and so glad I am over it. I hope you will feel better soon. I'm hoping Ericka fizzles out too, we don't get too much in Central Florida but we get enough.

tina said...

I like the little weather poem. Perfect for us humans. Get well soon and hopefully stay dry.