Saturday, May 13, 2023

Musings in May

Greetings Friends ~ Here it is almost the middle of May. I do believe the last of our cool weather is gone. We were blessed with some lovely late cool temps, such a blessing. Summer's heat and humidity is starting to settle in now. I am thankful for my new room ac which is working just fine. If you want to check it out you can find it here. at Home Depot and I am not receiving anything for this little ditty about how great I think it is. ;-)

Easter has come and gone. Our church's Resurrection service was wonderful, the adult and children's choir did a fantastic job. I had a nice piece of lamb about 1 1/2 inches thick by 8 inches around, fixed in the crockpot with herbs, garlic, mustard and wine. It came out delicious and tender, fixed it the day before. Had mashed potatoes, LeSeur Peas, asparagus vinaigrette and a glass of merlot in remembrance of Jesus and His great gift to us. He gave His life so that we'd be set free from sin and death. He paid all of our debt. For dessert I had a slice of Key Lime pie.

A week or so after Easter,  ladies of the church were invited to a sunrise service at the beach. It was wonderful!! It was the first time I've been to the beach in years and years, (I only live 3 miles away from it), since before my dear husband left this planet to be with God. It was so nice to sit with my feet in the sand, to feel the breezes, to view the ocean, look at the clouds in the sky and see the sunrise finally, the seagulls flying around and walking the beach were a nice beachy note, and then I enjoyed our devotional and singing time. All just what FlowerLady needed. Someone in our church owns a limousine business so we ladies were treated to a ride to and from the beach in a huge black limo bus. It was really neat!





Above is our music minister and his wife. (They've been a big help to me these past two years, with love, prayers, help and encouragement. They have an adorable baby girl.)

 We kept waiting for the sunrise to happen but there were too many clouds for us to see the actual happening. We had to wait awhile for the beauty of the sun peeking out from the clouds.






 My feet enjoying the cool, damp sand. As I walked down the beach looking for shells I remembered how hard it is to walk in beach sand. My legs got quite the work out.

Shells below, as I found them from left to right. My little treasures for the day. No hearts to be found, but my heart was happy none the less with these gifts from God. The second photo shows the two end shells turned over to see the other side.

 

 
Flyer folded to fit into my fanny pack hence the creases.



Ok, I think I'll end this post now. I was rejuvenated after our beach sunrise service. A blessing.

May you all have a wonderful weekend.

FlowerLady 


7 comments:

Lynn and Precious said...

It was a wonderful sunrise service for your heart and soul. How nice it was to be treated to a luxury limo ride on top of it all. Something like this just lets us know how lucky we are everyday in every way.

Mrs. White said...

The drive to the beach service in a limo must have been such a treat. The pictures of the sky and ocean are peaceful and lovely! I am so happy you enjoyed such a wonderful service! God bless you!

Melanie said...

How wonderful to have a sunrise service on the beach! I didn't know you lived so close to the ocean. I would be there all the time!

ellen b. said...

What a wonderful way to greet the sunrise. Glad you could be there to enjoy the sand and sea!

Gretchen Joanna said...

That is just splendid!

Terra said...

You ladies look so joyful at the beach, a perfect place to praise God, and what a first class ride there, in the limo.

M.K. said...

What a wonderful event, Rainey! It sounds so peaceful and comforting. A walk along the beach, leisurely choosing shells, is such a soul-comforting thing to do. Glad you could go. You should go sit and listen to the waves more often :) I know I should