Saturday, January 27, 2018

31 Proverbs to Light Your Path ~ Book review

Good day Folks ~ First of all thanks to you all for your prayers, positive thoughts and good wishes for my sis-in-law, Sue. She’s doing good and came home yesterday. Now it’s weeks of PT, but at home it will be nicer, being with Todd and her dear kitty girls. Continue to pray for a complete recovery. Thanks.

I am always looking for books to encourage, strengthen and inspire me in my walk of faith. This is a book filled with personal experiences and insights on 31 Proverbs. It also has questions to stimulate you to look into your life and draw you closer to God.

The book of Proverbs in the Bible has been a favorite for a long, long time.  This little book by Liz on 31 Proverbs from this book in the Bible is a wonderful devotional to start your day, or to read any time you need to be uplifted and encouraged. There is a prayer at the end of each chapter also. Also a study guide at the end if you want to start a group and read this book together.

I love reading ‘real’ books and having them where I can pick them up and read again. My books have underlinings and comments in them, dates also.

I will close with some thoughts Liz wrote on Proverbs 27:19 ~

As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart.

“The pressure to comform—to have the right shape, the right size, the right look—is intense. Yet when God created you, He had a unique plan in mind. A one-size-fits-you approach.

God’s Word assures us, “He has made everything beautiful in its time.” Everything would include you and me and all the women we know and admire. If we’re comfortable with who we are, others will be too.

God looks beyond our mirrored images. He looks inside our hearts and observes the things we do.

God sees the absolute truth about who we are and what we’ve done. Even knowing all that, He loves us completely. As is. As His.”

On the inside cover she writes, “ When you follow God, you never have to worry about where you’re going or who will keep the path clear of debris or how long the journey will take. Rather than looking around for answers, look to the One who knows you, the One who loves you, the One who leads you. He charts the path. He lights the path. He is the path.”

I’ve given you just one of the 31 Proverbs in this book. Maybe it will inspire you to get this lovely book for yourself to read the rest.  The photo above is a link taking you to Amazon’s page. I get nothing from them, but I did receive this book from Blogging 4 Books to read, give my review of and to keep. Another wonderful addition to my library.

Have a great weekend ~ It is windy and cool here at Plum Cottage ~ FlowerLady

5 comments:

Nancy J said...

Sue, wonderful news, take life each day slowly,and carefully, and rest often. A lovely book, and so many of those words apply to us down here right now. I will take them into my heart, and maybe a little of your huge faith as well. hugs, from a very hot ( not the hottest) part of NZ.

Susie said...

Lorraine, I will pray for a complete recovery for your S-I-L. I love real books too. :) Love this posts. It's always nice to be reminded , as we get caught up in our own thoughts and lives. God does indeed love us. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

I jotted down the title and will see of I can find this book.I like the Proverbs as well.

pilar said...

The excerpt you shared from the book is so beautiful and a truly powerful reminder. I get very frustrated with myself because I always fall prey to fear and anxiety from lack of faith. Yet, God, who knows full well my shortcomings and daily failures, will still kindly and patiently help me----over and over again. His faith never goes away. I will keep my fingers crossed that your computer woes are resolved quickly and with the fewest bumps possible. I can't wait to see the completed reno projects, it's always going to excite me when a house gets an uplift!

A Joyful Cottage said...

I'm glad Sue came through the surgery so well. Prayers for a complete recovery. Hugs.