Saturday, December 3, 2016

‘Skinnytaste - Fast & Slow’ Book Review

 

Good morning Folks,

Here is my second overdo book review.

The book is ‘Skinnytaste Fast & Slow’ by Gina Homolka.

This is a book that would make a great cookbook for any cooks on your gift list or to add to your own collection.  There are wonderful recipes for starting your day or for evenings you need a quick meal, or for those days you want to use your crockpot while you do other things, knowing a delicious meal will be ready at the end of your day. Nutritional info is included with each recipe.

This is a beautiful hard back book with easily understood recipes and wonderful photos that will make your mouth water in anticipation. Just look at the photo above on the cover of the book.

I have quite a few recipes marked to try and look forward to doing so.

This book is a complimentary copy for reviewing this book from Blogging For Books.

Happy cooking and healthy eating ~ FlowerLady

13 comments:

Nancy J said...

A slow cooker or "crock pot" is invaluable. I do the corned silverside in mine, lamb shanks, venison casserole, and add all the veges in as well, So easy, and best of all, no need to watch and make sure it doesn't boil over. Wonderful that after doing a review, you get to keep the book, good value for your time and thoughts.

Jessica Jarrell said...

I love Skinnytaste! I've seen this cookbook on FaceBook a number of times, and I've always wondered about it. I think I just need to bite the bullet and buy it! 😁

I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving FlowerLady! xoxo

Debbie - Mountain Mama said...

I have both her cookbooks and have made many recipes so far - all have been fantastic!!

Jane said...

I'm going to need that "skinny" cookbook after the holidays!

Hugs
Jane

L. D. said...

I like the title of the book.

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It sounds like a very useful book Lorraine. Enjoy!

BeachGypsy said...

I love crock pot cooking too, and always have. Do you remember the old style ones that we used back in the 70s? I went through quite a few of those, even after they started putting plastic lids on them. I saved most of my old crocks as they are so thick and durable they outlived the heating part, lids, cords, etc. They make great utensil/spoon/rolling pin holders because they are so big and wide mouthed, and STURDY. Anyway, my favorite things to make in mine are roasts with "taters" carrots, onions and celery etc. and CHILI, which I am making tomorrow. I also like to make a big batch of thick and chunky sloppy-Joe to put on buns. I also have a recipe for hot apple spice crock pot cake which is oooey-gooey and melty and hot and smells so wonderful in your house. What do you like to cook in yours?

Karen said...

The cookbook looks lovely, Rainey. I am always on the lookout for new recipes for my slow cooker, too. I have my old 1978 model and my newer 2010 one; they are both in use every now and then.

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I love Skinnytaste and have been following her for 4 years on her website. I've haven't bought a cookbook but might since I know her recipes are fabulous...I especially love her Columbian recipes...

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Thinking of you
take care....

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

I do love using my crock pot, Lorraine. Looks like a good book..Happy Holidays..Judy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The concept of this book looks interesting and as much as I like free recipes from Pinterest etc. there's nothing like flipping through a good recipe book.

Melanie said...

Sounds interesting! I'll have to look this cookbook up on amazon. Or, maybe I'll pick this one next for my review for Blogging for Books - if it's still available.