Monday, May 2, 2016

Be Light

 

Good morning folks ~ I hope you all had a good weekend. We are still having nice weather down here and it is greatly appreciated. Summer’s heat and humidity will be here before we know it.

I ‘love’ to read, a lot of different subjects. My little cottage is filled with books that DH and I have read or looked through. There is something about reading and holding a book in your hands, and if it is yours, you can take a pen or pencil and mark it up with underlinings or notes.

I just finished reading a very good book called 'Be Light - Shining God's Beauty, Truth, and Hope into a Darkened World' by Samuel Rodriguez. You can read about him here, and here.

http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9781601428165?height=450&alt=no_cover_b4b.gif

 

“Darkness cannot overcome light. Light always wins.”

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God....In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:1,4

As believers in God, we have that 'Light' in us. We are not to hide this light but to let it shine brightly, so that others will want to have it in their lives in this dark world that we live in. Light gives us hope.

.The author gives several examples of the different types of light that we experience in this world, relating them to the Light of the world, which is Jesus.

I will give a few quotes from this book, a book worth reading, to encourage us in our journey in this world. Encouraging us to be a light to others, a light of His love and tender mercies. If any readers do not yet know Jesus, I pray that you’ll be encouraged to learn about Him and let His light, love and peace flow into you and through you.

******

The light that Christ wants to give us is eternal. His light is not subject to the decay that is an inherent part of our daily lives.

The light that God has given us can never be obsolete.

God uses light to make our world beautiful.

We are God's children of light. We have been transformed.

Christ as our light is an every-present guide in any storm life throws our way.

Christ is our constant. He is not moved by the storms and circumstances of our lives.

His light is a protective light as well as guiding one.

We must learn to absorb all the light that God has for us, and not just to reflect it, but so that we can reflect some, retain some, and emit some.

We are to be a source of love, comfort, and guidance to all those facing life's storms.

Your mission: to bring joy to those around you because of the joy within you, to bring light to those around you because of the light within you, and to be both a recipient and a conduit of God's glory in this world.

******

There is so much more to encourage us in this book.  This is just a sampling. It is a book I will read again.

I am a sinner saved by God's grace and I am thankful that His tender mercies, are new each and every morning.

___________________________

I chose this book to read through the program 'Blogging For Books'. This book was given to me to review.

7 comments:

RockWhisperer said...

Loved this post.

Susan said...

Books are very special to me and I agree that holding one and marking passages that appeal to me is something o love to do. Your new book sounds very uplifting and encouraging. My favorite kind of book!

Ruth Hiebert said...

A beautiful post filled with words that touch each of us. Thank you for sharing this. Yes,I too,am a sinner saved by grace and it is my desire that my life will shine for Jesus.

L. D. said...

Your flowers all looks so great. I really like the orchids and roses. The others are great with such good colors.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Yes He is the Light of the World! :)

A Joyful Cottage said...

Lovely post, Rainey. I'm so thankful to be walking in His light. Hugs, Nancy

Darcie said...

I enjoy reading books too! Thank you for sharing some from that book. We heard about how sometimes when we aren't right with God we like the darkness, but when we are born again we find ourselves wanting to run to the light.