Thursday, March 30, 2017

Book Review ~ Life After Heaven

Good morning Folks ~ This post is about a recent book I chose to review from Blogging 4 Books.

The book has inspired me to continue to live my life trusting in Jesus for everything, to see heaven on earth now and to experience Jesus’ love throughout each and every day.

life-after-heaven_

This book is gripping from the very beginning. Steven tells of his life as a young man, then going into the Navy and the start of becoming part of the Navy Seals. His experience with death and his experience in heaven that he had will touch your heart.  His description of heaven and being with Jesus was so real and wonderful! I read this book twice, with time in between, and have been truly blessed by reading it, it will be a book to go back to for encouragement in living this life in the present. It makes me more excited and looking forward to being physically with Jesus forever.

From the book: “God’s love transforms. How deep, how attentive that love is. How encompassing. How careful. How complex. God knows. He has a purpose. He loves each of us intimately. Nothing in our lives is wasted. Our experiences, even the pain matters. He sees them. He will use them for good. He isn’t missing a thing.

The communion between God and us should develop, deepen.

Love is the language of heaven. True, good, honest love. Love that cares and moves to redeem and reclaim pain and loss. Christ is God the Father wrapping his arm around the broken. And on the earth, he does that through his people.

Heaven intersects all aspects of our lives here. We just need to recognize it.”

---

We are all important to God. He has promised to never leave or forsake us. His love is a gift.

There is so much ‘food’ for the soul in this book. I’ve barely touched the surface with these few quotes.

You can read more about the book and order it here.

Jesus is my strength each and every day. Through every ordinary day things, through joys and sorrows, He fills me with love, joy and peace. I am thankful for His many blessings.

Sincerely ~ FlowerLady

 

8 comments:

A Joyful Cottage said...

Sounds like a fascinating book. I'm always encouraged by your steadfast faith shown in your blogging, Rainey. God bless you. xo

Nancy J said...

Your faith spills right over into your words, and that book looks like one we should all read. Putting it into words is brave, shows his faith, and teaches us so much.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

((hugs))

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

Sounds like such a lovely and inspiring book to read! Love your touching post today!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

While I have not read this particular book I have read many a NDE story over the years and I will add this to my bucket list / check the library. Thank you for the review ! :)

annie said...

I have not read this book, it sounds very interesting.
One of my Sissy Two's favorite quotes is, "God doesn't waste anything".
I think you'd have to had suffered in some great way to really understand that.

Jill said...

Hi Lorraine, I wanted to stop by to tell you how much I appreciate your prayers for my surgery last Monday. Diana posted a prayer request on her blog and I am full of gratitude! I am slowly recovering but wanted you to know how very much I appreciate you thinking of me. :-) Looking forward to following your blog and getting to know you better. Have a great week!

Blessings,
Jill

Dewena said...

I've heard other good reports on this book. And I can only imagine how a glimpse into heaven would transform a life.