Sunday, October 12, 2014

Music, needlework, house colors :-)

 

Dear Friends ~ You all are great sports!

So far, no one online has picked what I chose. A widow friend of mine met me at church this morning and had a sticky note on a little book she's loaning me to read, and she guessed what I have chosen.

I will tell you that when I first started looking at colors lately,
smoked mulberry was my first choice. Another color caught my eye though, but it's still all in the thought stages.

I am thinking of getting paint samples. Especially of the plum colors.

This is fun getting your input.

Why I chose yellows to go with plumy colors is because they are complimentary to one another.

Smoky Mulberry and straw hat have the most votes so far.

smoked-mulberry-straw-hat

If you haven’t seen the color choices go back to this post.

Before I started this post, I was working on the latest needlework heart.  The  embroidered part I did probably about 3-4 years ago, but I cut it out into heart shape then sewed it onto felt, then am stitching another piece of felt to the back to hide the stitching. While doing this I have been listening to the you tube video posted below. It’s almost over.  I recently found Jesse Cook and I LOVE his music. It reminds me of Spain, and that’s where Mark bought his acoustic guitar. In a little shop on a cobbled stone street. Sweet memories.  This music makes me want to move something, so I’m either wiggling in my seat as I stitch or tapping my feet. This was a good long run, not quite 3 hours.

Anyway, here’s the piece I was working on and stopped to take pics and start this post to post the you tube video.

10-12-flowers-bug-heart

Here are several other pieces that I embroidered also about the same time 3-4 years ago.

10-12-beaded-heart

10-12-believe-heart

10-12-beaded-heart2

This is a piece I created this past week.

10-12-aqua-beaded-hope-heart

I did some rearranging of my shelves in the bedroom. I needed to be able to get to drawers of stashed created pieces.

10-12-rearranged

I’m trying to get things more organized so I’ll know where things are that I’ll have listed in my Etsy shop.

10-12-drawer1

10-12-drawer2

This is my view this afternoon.

10-12-front-patio

That’s it for tonight.

For those of you who have the holiday off tomorrow, enjoy.

FlowerLady

I will close with the following quote that I posted on my music blog.

***

How does one put the spiritual significance of music on paper?
Music transcends all languages and barriers and
is the most beautiful communicative skill one can have.
Music makes us all experience different emotions.
Different types of music,
whether it is vocal or instrumental,
Eastern or Western,
Classical or Pop or folk
from any part of the world
can all be spiritual if it has the power
to stir the soul of a person
and transcend time for the moment.
Ravi Shankar

 

21 comments:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Your work is absolutely amazing, Rainey! I'm still not sure why you aren't teaching classes. People would relate to you very well but to those whom you think are "beyond your abilities" might be overwhelming. Think about it.

sweetbay said...

I love your clock. That is beautiful.

Darcie said...

First I had to go see the post that I missed, and cast my vote. ;-) First I got to say...love the color choices! Purple is my favorite color, and what a fun choice for your cottage!!! I think my first choice would be Exotic Orchid and Straw Hat, followed closely or even tied with Smoked Mulberry and Straw Hat. Can't wait to see what you decide!

Nancy J said...

I like the first heart the best, lovely, and your choice, they do compliment each other so well in the colour wheel. And classes, as Thistle Cove suggests, if I were nearby, and even though my stitching is not great, I would be there. Hugs.Jean

Rebecca said...

No matter what you choose, it will be "right" for your Plum Cottage. I am often tempted to "over-think" decisions like these....

I like the photo of your work space and can't imagine it w/o the clock! How charming.

I so agree about music - and you've introduced me to a new musician!

Betty said...

Can't wait to see what colors you chose. I love all your hearts, they are so pretty and good luck on your Etsy shop with them.

Claire said...

I just love that crazy-patchwork heart - I didn't know you had an Etsy shop! Can you send me a link - I didn't see one on your blog...
And thank you for your lovely comment - these two words for the week are amazing, aren't they??
xx

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Music is universal ---and can bring people together, when nothing else can. I grew up in a very musical family --and majored in Music (and Education) in college. Love all kinds of music!!

Your embroidery work is fabulous.... As always, I love seeing some of the projects you are working on.

Great choices for your paint colors. I love that Mulberry color. And the yellow does compliment it.

Hugs,
Betsy

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have not given my ideas as to the colours,but I am sure that whatever you choose it will be a beautiful place.I love all your creative embroidery.

jerilanders said...

I really thought you had picked the Smoked Mulberry!
I was admiring your lovely needlework until I noticed the little tray above your clock in studio. Is that a little lamb pulling a cart??! Too good!

Darcie said...

It makes me smile to think we picked the same colors. I knew there was a reason I liked you. :-) Okay...more then just for your color choices. ;-)

Debra Howard said...

The plum colors are quite pretty lately aren't they. Very beautiful work that you do.

Julie said...

Love all your beautiful hearts!!! I missed your paint colors post. Gonna go there now!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

You have had a very productive few weeks and quite a variety of hand work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lorraine, I love all of your embroidery hearts, your a very creative lady.
Be well, be happy: )

shirley said...

Love your embroidered hearts as well, they are really lovely. I like the plum swirl, which I think is what it is now. for the trims, I would like Zinfadel or a nice blue I think.

M.K. said...

Your hearts are so beautiful! I love the blue one at the bottom, but the work in the first photo is also very lovely. And thanks for the music -- I'm enjoying it as I type. I love guitar.

tina said...

I am thinking Exotic orchid and Cheerful. Terrific colors. Can't wait to see what you chose. Those two colors are definitely complementary and one of my favorite color combos. Hope it stops raining soon and you can get it done.

Deborah Montgomery said...

Beautiful embroidery! I checked your etsy shop, but looks like it's not quite open yet? Would love to make such pretty things. I just have to get off my laptop, and start doing. Your lovely work is so inspiring. Just the kind of things I like.
The purple and yellow will look gorgeous together, whichever shades you choose.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Your bead work is amazing. Looking nice. Those colors will be great!

Andrea said...

Wow your hands are still so full. Those needle works i already gave up, but i have the hoyas to cheer me up when i go home. Take care.