Good morning Folks ~ It’s not quite 7 a.m., still dark out, and a wonderful 66 degrees. I turned off the a.c. opened the kitchen door to screened porch and opened a couple of windows to let the fresh, cool air in. Aaaahhh!
Thank you all for your kind comments on my ‘rigged’ arbor. I hope it will last me a good while. The next day it was still nice out so I went out first thing in the morning and dug up from the back of main garden, garlic vine
and sandpaper vine,
photo below from anns tropics . com
and put them in two large plastic flower pots filled with organic potting soil that I get cheap from the veggie market. One pot is on either side of the arbor. I checked them yesterday and neither looks to have wilted from the shock of being dug up. I’ll have to check later when it gets light out. I’ve never had flowers on my sandpaper vine and hope to now that it’s in better soil. I think I got this as a cutting in a trade a few years back.I look forward to blooms from both of these, and hopefully in the next few months.
Here’s a photo showing both vines, which I tied to the chicken wire. Sandpaper vine on the left and the garlic vine on the right. I want to plant something or other in both pots to fill in the bare dirt, I just had an idea, so I’ll show it later.
After I did the above I weeded and trimmed in front of the back shed and the wonderful shell flowerpots we ‘curbside shopped’ a few years back, 2005 to be exact, and I wrote a post about them in 2009. May Day Flower Pots
I kept on weeding and trimming as I moved west to the storage building, called the green shed, because that’s the color it used to be. We both knew what we were talking about when we called it that. This is how it looked in May right after I did some mowing and weed-wacking.
Here’s how it looks now after weeding and moving some of the stacked iron. The tub is full of small stuff and very heavy to move, and the bucket on top of that is the same way. I’ve still a couple more things to move to the iron stack, and a small wheel to hang above the large wheel, and there are a couple of old farm implements that I need to find a place to display too.
I raked up the weeded debris from where my little ol’ Mazda died and sat after DH left this planet, then laid out a tarp to start stacking the iron. I am going through all the iron, piece by piece, because there are some cool old garden tools, and other artistic bits that I am going to keep. The rest will go to the scrap yard.
Here are some antique tidbits, which I am keeping. I think they were for pipes, I’m not sure. DH would be able to tell you, but I’m clueless. The one in the front had these two turn buttons in the shapes of ‘hearts’, well, they look like hearts to me, so I unscrewed them and brought them in.
Sweet, rusty hearts.
I look forward to puttering more outside this week,
because the cooler weather has sure made a difference
in how much I can accomplish. I feel more alive.
Well, that’s it for now. I hope you all have a nice week.