Monday, May 13, 2013

Ribbons, laces, journals, van info

Well, the van news first. I’m getting a rebuilt transmission. Not what I wanted to hear, but I am going with the flow. I won’t get it back until Thursday afternoon or Friday.

I got the urge to work on another Give Thanks journal today, no doubt where that urge came from, my Creator, to keep my mind on positive and lovely things.

05-13-journal

Before I got the news, I set the journal down for a minute to walk out to check the mail, and there was a little gift from Nicki Lee, of Ravioli Dreams.  I knew it was coming and got the ribbon off, and was about to take off the wrapping when the phone rang with the van news. Delayed gratification.  And what a lovely gift for me to create with.  Thank you Nicki.  She had seen the ribbon roses that I’d made and in her note, she said these ribbons make lovely spider roses, so I can hardly wait to make some. Nicki hand dyes and sells wonderful laces.  She is also quite the wonder with her crazy quilting pieces.  Her work is exquisite. A year or so back I won some of her laces in a give away and have used them here and there in projects.

05-13-from-nicki

05-13-from-nicki2

I laid some of the laces from before and now on journals to get ideas and am looking forward to working on all of these.  On the one I was working on today is a crocheted flower that I made.

05-13-journals

05-13-journal2

I’m working on another one, but can’t show it because it is for a widow friend of mine and I don’t want her to see it until she gets it.  Then I’ll share it with you all.

I did shed some tears today, as this is a major deal for me to go through. My boss was encouraging, gave me a ride home, and said things will work out. He told me not to stress. Even in my devotional book ‘Jesus Calling’ the past couple of days have been all about turning my cares over to God. 

I will close with the following and wish you all a lovely time wherever you are, whatever hour of the day it is where you are.

**********

whatsoever things are true,

whatsoever things are honest,

whatsoever things are just,

whatsoever things are pure,

whatsoever things are lovely,

whatsoever things are of good report;

if there be any virtue,

and if there be any praise,

think on these things.

Phillipians 4:8 KJV

21 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry that the repair is a bigger one than you hoped for. But I'm encouraged by your choice not to focus on the disappointment and to put your hands to creative work. It's a great example to all of us, Lorraine.

Sallysmom said...

You continue to amaze me. You get down and then turn to God for strength. Thank you for sharing.

Leslie Kimel said...

I love the journals you're working on!

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Such lovely pieces.
Hang in there. Vehicles are just that way.

Heather said...

Beautiful journal covers! Not good news about the vehicle, but at least it is fixable! Cheers~

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can feel your hurt,even as I read. Perhaps it is because my grief is still fairly fresh.God will provide.I do understand the tears,I still have them and yesterday being Mother's Day,I had many tears.Hugs to you.

Julie said...

Beautiful journals! That crocheted rosé is stunning. Sorry to hear about your van trouble. I have been gone this weekend, so behind in my blog readings! Nice surprise in the mail. Thanks for that beautiful scripture reminder!!!
Xoxo-Julie

flowerlady said...

We have just been away in our van, even though it was for hospital treatment we then tagged a trip to the beach, a visit to my bestest buddy who was over from from Italy and our sons godparents who were over from Canada.Next weekend we are away again as it is our wedding anniversary.So I can understand you wanting to do the van as unless you have one I don't think people realise what quality time you can have in them.You are so talented, your journals are really lovely.Your poem at the end is very thought provoking, what people must remember is that you have to grief at your pace and every ones way and pace is different,stay strong and remember you have a lot of people around you thinking of you.x

gld said...

Sorry the van was an expensive repair. We all have those and just have to bite the bullet and keep going forward.

Your journals are just exquisite. I know that kind of work is good therapy for you.

I love seeing your beautiful gardens and the creative things you make. You are very talented.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Bless your heart... Sometimes life just gets overwhelming, doesn't it? I know that you trust in God and that you know that God will help you through all of this... But--we are all HUMAN --and we do struggle at times.. God understands that also. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Love your Give Thanks journals ---all of them. You are just SO gifted... God Bless YOU.

Hugs and Prayers,
Betsy

Annie said...

Lovely journals you,re making.

Becca's Dirt said...

Oh I hate when car troubles come. It always seems to happen at a bad time but then all car troubles are a bad time financially and inconvenient. Beautiful work you are doing on the journals. Are those covers for journals?

Andrea said...

Hi Lorraine I hope you are very well now, those happenings are just parts of the journey. I saw something on Facebook that i like so much, one of them was "it is just a matter of perspective", and i can relate to it very well. I am now changing my responses to things, putting to my consciousness about 'matter of perspective'.

RURAL said...

Lorraine, you journals are lovely, it's wonderful to see such creativity at work.

I also love the shot of the gazing ball...so pretty.

Jen

Barbara Barth said...

I love your little journals! Thinking of you. Barbara

gld said...

I forgot to tell you I love the new header with you reflected in the gazing ball!

tina said...

Those embroidered flowers are really something special. Hang in there.

Here I Am Carrie said...

Your journals, just looking at them bring such a peaceful feeling. What beautiful works you have created. May God's blessings come in many forms to you.

Deb said...

The journals you are making are lovely, the hand dyed ribbons are quite pretty and will be a nice addition to your journals.

Vehicle troubles always seem to come at the worst time, really there is no good time. And learning to do all those things you haven't had to do before adds to the stress until you do it and than you can look at it and say not so hard after all.

There is a cute little saying a friend sent me on a handcrafted card. "Women are like tea you never no how strong she is until shes in hot water".

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

All your handwork is beautiful.
Something is always happening to us.
What would we do without prayer
and talking to the Lord.
A song
the other day
"I can't even walk without holding your hand"
So true
and we have the best...

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I am sorry you are having to have such a major repair of your van. I hope it runs well when you get it back. Your art is so beautiful! What a gift you have! Again, thanks for the Scripture. I am needing to remember that, too, throughout the day.