Sunday, December 30, 2012

Brrr and a little project

As I start this post, it is 7:28 eastern standard time, 49 degrees and feels like it is 40. I just went outside to take some pictures with jeans a cotton top with a flannel shirt on top of that and flip flops. It was invigorating and felt really good coming back inside to this cozy little cottage. No heater going yet, and hopefully I won’t have to go up into the attic to get it down. We only did that when it was going to be cold for several days. It’s supposed to get up to 67 today and 80’s again by the middle of the week.

There were three iron window coverings that we found curbside somewhere in our travels and I don’t know how long ago, but I’ve had them set aside to use and today I’m going to work on at least one of them and hopefully mount it to the wall where the heart is drawn at the back of my main garden..

12-30-iron-heart-space

12-30-iron-heart

I have a small can of oops paint in our stash of curbside finds too and I want to paint the heart red on the big one and maybe the hearts and the scrollwork on the top of the two small ones. Color, color is what I need.

12-30-oops-red

12-30-oops-red2

12-30-iron-hearts

I want to hang the two smaller hearts on either side of this window which is in the ‘scullery’, on east side of the cottage. I will hang the bird cage elsewhere and take down the iron bracket on the other side. The cottage needs to be pressure washed and repainted, and the window trim at least needs a good hosing down for now. Smile I helped Dear Husband pressure clean in the past, I just need to read up on putting the oil in and cranking it up, plus I think the tires need to be filled with air. Hmmmm. I always have enjoyed painting, there is something soothing about it. All in good time, section of wall at a time.

12-30-iron-heart-space2

It’s time for some breakfast, to get a loaf of bread going in the bread machine, then it will be time to work on my project. It’s now a few minutes after 8 a.m., so it’s plenty light out and it should start to warm up a bit too.

Enjoy your day ~ FlowerLady Lorraine

***

There are things that we don't want to happen but have to accept,

things we don't want to know but have to learn,

and people we can't live without but have to let go. 

Author Unknown

***

Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel. 

Author Unknown

9 comments:

L. D. said...

Hopefully it warms up. I enjoy hearing about the creativity you are surging through with. It is healing to make, create and do.

Balisha said...

I thought of you, when I saw the weather forecast this morning. Brrr says it all.
I like your idea for the iron window coverings. Did you do the mosaic work on the bench? It's so pretty.
Have a good day...doing what you love.
Balisha

organicgardendreams said...

Dear Lorraine, good luck with your projects! Wishing you tons of energy to get them done! Here it is pretty cool as well, which doesn't make me too excited to go out into the garden and prune my roses, but I hope to make a little bit of progress later in the day.
Christina

Unknown said...

Very cute. I didn't see the heart at first. You are very resourceful. The gold work sounds like a challenge, beautiful though and worth learning. What a wonderful friend to send you all that. You are doing so great in your journey. Hugs.

Morning's Minion said...

I love making something useful from objects that have been discarded. A friend here calls it 'repurposing.'
Creativity is soothing--whether the fine work of using a needle or the wonder of paint which transforms a room or building.

Sunray Gardens said...

Those will be every nice hangings when you have them done.
Cher Sunray Gardens

Rebecca said...

You KNOW I love that iron work - and the heart will be beautiful howEVER you choose to paint it....

Right now, it's the thought of bread that sounds really great :)

Lynn said...

It’s going to look so nice. I paint like you, a section at a time and suddenly it’s done and the fun starts with the trim. I love salvaged wrought iron work too. Get out your warm throws and maybe a heating pad for these few chilly days and enjoy dreaming with your new gardening and needlework books. Looking forward to your new designs. Somehow even you copy it’s just inspiration for your original pieces.

Mrs. E said...

And it is snowing here. I admire your projects--and hope to see the final product. Those quotes at the end-- perfect! May the New Year bring you comfort and joy!