Friday, October 12, 2012

Cooler weather makes such a huge difference

Good morning Folks,

Here it is Friday morning, almost the middle of October.  Yesterday we woke up to less humidity and cooler temps. I worked outside for about 3 1/2 hours yesterday morning. Could hardly stop once I got started, but I was starting to get tired near the end, and looking at where the sun was in the sky I figured it was around noon. (It was noon-thirty.) I did get done what I wanted to do. Still have lots more that needs taking care of, but all in good time, especially now that the weather is changing a little.  I was so thankful all day to be outside working, even though I was sweating, it wasn’t like a couple of days ago, humid and miserable, it was BEAUTIFUL out.

I’ve got some photos taken over the past couple of weeks, haven’t posted anything since the 29th, took a break from posting, not planned, it just happened.

This is a hibiscus bloom after a rain.

10-01-hibiscus

Queen Crepe, blooming again, such a nice surprise. One of my favorite bloomers here in Plum Cottage gardens.

10-01-queen-crepe

10-04-queen-crepe

10-04-queen-crepe2

Azaleas in bloom.

10-04-azaleas

Shrimp plant

10-04-shrimp

Ti plant blooms

10-04-ti-plant

10-04-ti-plant2

Yellow datura

10-04-yel-datura

10-04-yel-datura2

Bauhinia acuminata ~ dwarf white orchid tree.

10-06-dwarf-white-orchid

10-06-dwarf-white-orchid2

Plumbago

10-06-plumbago

Tork ~ on her feather pillow in our bedroom. Smile

10-04-tork2

Isn’t she a hoot? I love her long whiskers. When I sit in my chair in the living room, she jumps in my lap, climbs up on my chest, and lays right down under my chin. I’m her ‘mommy’ and we are bonding. She was abandoned and sickly as a kitten. I fell for her, and in love with her, we started feeding her and here she is, having wormed her way into our hearts. She is about 5 years old.

10-04-tork

That’s it for now.

I’ve got to think about getting ready to head off to work today. I work again tomorrow, only a 2 day work week this week.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

23 comments:

Leslie Kimel said...

Wow, what a great post. I love all the pictures! The raindrop-studded flowers are just gorgeous and your cat is adorable. I'm glad it's cooling off too. I'm getting really excited about planting season. Hope you have a great weekend!

Val said...

What a sweet cat! And the Plumbago is especially pretty too. I love rainy day pictures. :)

Sandra said...

Beautiful, your garden must be such a sight :)

Cute kitty as well.

Hope you have a good day at work.
Sandra

sharon said...

the blooms are decorated with diamonds...I love that crepe.What have named this kadoole?

Anonymous said...

Such beauty surrounds you dear FlowerLady . . . .

I'm not sure one can match the feeling of an animal bonding with you. Last night Thursday curled up next to Jen in my bed and laid her head on Jen's shoulder while she read. Beyond precious. They bring us such joy.

Enjoy the cooler temps. I can hardly wait for the weekend to get here so I can "play" outside.

Have a wonderful weekend ~

eli

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Lorraine, I featured a crazy blooming azalea on my blog today... Poor thing---it thinks it is spring here... ha

Love your kitty....The long whiskers are SUPER....

Love the little white orchid tree blooms. So pretty...

Enjoy your Fall.

Have a great weekend/week.
Hugs,
Betsy

sweetbay said...

Your Queen Crepe and white orchid tree flowers are lovely. Tonk looks precious curled up on the pillow. :)

Sunray Gardens said...

Lovely photos and blooms. It's cold here now. Have most of my gardens cut back other than Mums and Hosta. You have that extra time for growing which is wonderful.
Cher Sunray Gardens

gld said...

I love the color of the crepe myrtle. You really caught the raindrops on the hibiscus bud beautifully. I always enjoy all your pictures.

The picture of Tork reminds me so much of my favorite cat, Willie. We lost her to some varmint...possible a Mt. Lion (more on my blog about that later).

Glad you are getting some cooler weather now

tina said...

What a sweet kitty! She is lucky to have found you all! We take in strays too and they wind up being so wonderful for our family. Lovely blooms. Cooler weather rocks!

Giga said...

Piękne kwiaty w ogrodzie i deszcz je pokropił swoimi kroplami. Kotek jest słodki. Pozdrawiam.
Beautiful flowers in the garden and rain sprinkled them their drops. Kitty is sweet. Yours

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

What beautiful pictures.
I just have my Callie dog and do not think she would welcome a kitten. Would like one...
Take care
hope your banana pudding comes out as good as mine :) I have ate most of it in 3 days and no weight gain...

Masha said...

Great pictures, I always enjoy looking at raindrops on flowers. I love gardening in cool weather and am looking forward to pruning (just another month or so of waiting)...

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi FlowerLady,
I'm glad you are having some cooler temps. We are, too. I am off work until Wednesday, and am hoping to get lots of gardening in the next couple of days. We had the grandsons yesterday, as usual for Saturdays. Today, I got a bit done out there.

I enjoyed your blooms! I like that yellow datura. Your kitty sounds like a sweetie.

Andrea said...

Your plants are enjoying the rain enormously. Of course you know we have the same plants, in fact i also have almost the same photo as that in your header! That is a gaillardia sent by a blogger friend from Illinois. But your dwarf white Bauhinia is a lovely plant i want to own too. I remember seeing it first in Bushbernieh's post. But i think hers is not dwarf. I hope you post the plant next time. Thanks.

Becky said...

Love all the photos and Tork is BEAUTIFUL! I've been away from reading blogs and am trying to get caught back up with everyone. I agree this cooler weather is wonderful.

RURAL said...

I love the photos of the Queen Crepe? wow, what a beautiful flower.

And the kitty, she is adorable....oh my heart sings when she looks at us.

I kind of love cats, like you know...
lol.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

June said...

So many beautiful blooms that I can't grow here Lorraine. Your photos are just beautiful too.
Tork is a sweetheart. Isn't it wonderful how much we love our kitties?

GRACE PETERSON said...

Hi Lorraine, I totally understand those unintended breaks from blogging. Time just gets away from us, doesn't it?

I'm SO glad you're getting better weather. A friend of mine just got back from Florida and she was bemoaning the humidity too. But now, watch out world because there's no stopping you. :)

Your blossoms and photography skills are unmatched. I love the Tea plant blossoms. (They're pink!) I've never seen them in bloom. So pretty. You even make the common Azalea look lovely.

Tork reminds me of my little tabbies. She's precious. She knows love when she's got it. Lucky girl.

Take care and have fun in your garden and at work!

Darcie said...

What gorgeous pictures this time of year! Amazing to me when everything is in autumn colors up here, to see such beautiful flowers still in our corner of the world.

Pretty kitties too!

Susan said...

Tork looks like a very sweet cat. We've got 3 and each one has captured my heart. Now that the weather has turned nice it's wonderful to get back into the garden. I find myself sneaking out several times each day to clean up an area of the garden. So nice to be back outside.

F Cameron said...

You have such gorgeous and exotic blooms in your garden. I do love the whiskers on your kitty. She's cute.

Stevie Taylor said...

Yes, the cool weather has been great for gardening! I feel like it's the first time in ages that I didn't have to peel off sweat-soaked clothes as soon as I came in the house. Long live the fall!
Stevie @ ruffledfeathersandspilledmilk.com