Sunday, January 15, 2012

A yellow ribbon for Alfred

This may be old fashioned, or out of date, but I do it as a reminder of the one I know who is overseas and to pray for them and their family waiting at home. The first time I did this tribute was for my niece’s husband who went to Afghanistan, he was there at least twice and maybe three times.  Hard on all of them each time.  I did it again when a cousin’s son was over there. Now I am doing it again, this time for Tracy’s Alfred, who is in Kuwait and will be gone almost a year. He just got there last month.

Tracy and Alfred have three children, two still living at home and she is holding down the fort while he is gone.  My love and prayers go our for them at this time.

You can visit Tracy here at The Enchanted Cottage. She is creating a haven for her family on a budget and encourages others in their pursuit of the simpler life, getting out of debt, etc.

It is not easy for our military men and women any time they are away from family and home life.  The all need our encouragement, support and prayers.

FlowerLady

01-15-for-alfred-tracy

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you, FlowerLady!! My son, Kendall, still lives at home but I hardly see him because he works two jobs. :)

Tracy said...

I shared the link to this post on my FB page so my husband could read it. I am truly touched. Thank you for thinking of us. :)

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Showing you care never goes out of style.
I hope he returns safe and well.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Tracy ~ I didn't realize your son was still at home. That's good to know really because someone is there to help out with things. Your girls are smaller and learning to be young ladies helping Mom.

Congrats on having your home now for two years. It seems like only yesterday that you moved in.

Thanks GSS ~ I'm sure Tracy and Alfred appreciate your kind thoughts.

FlowerLady

Kit said...

So very nice of you to do! Kit

Sunray Gardens said...

What a lovely post.
Cher Sunray Gardens

L. D. said...

The yellow ribbon is a real tribute and symbol of hope.

Sissy said...

So wonderful, FL...Please thank Tracy for us, we want to show our gratitude to her for her entire family's sacrifice for our freedom.
Bless you both!