Here it is Tuesday afternoon for us. We woke up to a gentle rain this morning and it must have rained for quite awhile from the evidence of puddles. We needed it and I hope we get some more.
I’ll be working at my job the rest of the week so am trying to get caught up with blogging for the week.
Yesterday my first Etsy sale happened and I was thrilled to say the least. It was the ecru colored needle case. Thank you Jane.
Today I worked a bit on my spreadsheet for inventory. Yikes, that is a learning curve for me. I’m glad DH is into that sort of thing and can help me out. He makes up formulas too and that’s great.
We went to H.D. this morning because DH had to return something and he wanted to check on some electrical stuff. I went into the garden dept. and ended up buying two pentas, one a reddish and the other a lavender, and a flax lily. I repotted them, and was able to split off a flax lily tuber and potted it up. Later I’ll divide up the plant some more.
Here are the tiny flowers of the flax lily. Really sweet.
Yesterday I planted some native Blue Flag iris seeds into a flower box and look forward to seeing them sprout. Susan thank you for the seeds.
I was late on last week’s tast stitch and today the new one came out, the Cretan stitch. Last week’s was the Feather stitch. and I did it yesterday. I used a variegated green thread and the little plants I was making reminded me of the asparagus ferns we have growing in the main garden, so I added the red berries that they get.
Here’s how I am storing them. In a photo album I got for free when DH found boxes of craft items last year. There are three sleeves to each side of a page, and I’ve plenty to use for the 52 weeks of TAST.
I’m moving along on the embroidered heart. Still have a bit more to do.
DH has cleaned up the tiny fridge from the caravan, painted the outer sides of it even though it won’t be seen, to retard the rust that had started. He used some oak looking formica that we had in our stash to make a new cover for the front.
He’ll be cleaning away rust from the little two burner stove that was original too and painting it with a grill/stove paint which only comes in black. He used steel wool to get some of the rust off to see how bad it was, that’s when we decided to paint it. DH had a quart of the paint in his workshop so we won’t have to buy any.
We are going to use some granite looking formica that we had in our stash for the counter top .
I think that about does it for now.
Hope you all have a great week.
Chat with you later ~ FlowerLady
We can easily manage if we will only take,
the burden appointed to it.
But the load will be too heavy for us
if we carry yesterday's burden over again today,
and then add the burden of the morrow
before we are required to bear it.