Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Signing out of blogspot

I have been having a problem signing out of my blog for the past few days.

I checked into Google to see if anyone else had the problem and plenty do.

I changed my password, but that didn't fix the problem.

I have Firefox 4.

I don't save my passwords, I sign in every where I go. But with this new computer we decided to save the password for my blog.

I won't be doing that again.

In my Firefox browser DH went to Tools. Options. Security. Save Passwords. We removed the saved password for my blog. Clicked OK to save changes.

Back to Tools. Clear Recent History. Checked every box except for Site Preferences. Clear now.

It worked. I can sign out and I get the sign in window again.

Maybe this will work for some of you.

When the little window pops up asking you if you want it to remember your password. Click never remember for this site. Otherwise you might have to go through this all over again.

Happy blogging.

Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

12 comments:

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about your computer issues. I haven't experienced any problems lately but I know Blogger had some problems last week.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

It's probably Windows 7 trying to be "helpful." It seems they ask more questions to try to guard against the bad stuff and then automate other things that they don't need too. Good post to help others with this!

Amrita said...

Last week blogger was out for a day or so, but now its back. I never sign out, I don 't know what to say. But I do have snags in the system. I use Internet Explorer.

Diana Studer said...

I prefer to never save passwords. Last week was a bad one for blogspot. Hope that blogspot and your new computer will now both behave themselves.

Lona said...

Well that is a puzzle. I have Firefox 4 too and have no trouble with it. I have Vista though so I do not know if it could be your Windows 7.

Rainy Day Gardener said...

When I first switched to Firefox 4, it was troublesome, but seems things have smoothed out. Windows 7 is better than Vista, but with all the problems that blogger has been having, can't rule that out as the culprit either. Hope it calms down for you!

GRACE PETERSON said...

That signing in and out was one of the problems I had too. I have Google Chrome. Who knows... I'm glad your problems are resolved.

sherryocala said...

I use Firefox 4 and chose to save the tabs when I close it, so I never sign out. When I turn the computer back on and open Firefox, everything is right where I left it. I have Windows 7, too. Hope your problem is fixed, FlowerLady. I never save passwords.

Masha said...

I am sorry about your problems, I never remember to sign in and out :(, unless my husband opens his gmail on my computer and then I can't get to blogger... I am glad you were able to figure it out, thanks for the tips.

Meems said...

Nice to resolve problems. I NEVER let my computer remember passwords. No telling who/what will record them. Enjoy your gardens today!
Meems

F Cameron said...

Blogger has been acting crazy lately with a lot of issues. I have Safari and a Mac and those together function well.

Jan said...

I use Google Chrome and it is usually very smooth. So far, the only problems I've had were last week when Blogger had an ongoing problem. I think your most recent problem had to do with Firefox asking you to 'save password'. I don't save my passwords and almost never 'sign out' of my blog. Glad things seem to be working well for you again.