Sunday, May 8, 2011

Greetings from sunny Florida

Hope all of you mothers had a lovely day today.

It was a gorgeous, sunshiny day today. We went out early to check on a metal door I had seen curbside on the way home from work. We decided against it, and left it where it lay.

There was a house I wanted to get a picture of though, so the trip wasn't totally wasted, and did get several shots which I hope you will enjoy. This poinciana tree is only in bloom once a year. I love the color contrast.

Click on pictures for larger views.















Here is another sweet place that we found for the first time today.





Here are some pics from around Plum Cottage gardens.

















It has been somewhat stressful the past few days, crashing of Windows Vista in old computer, getting a new computer, transferring files and finally we got it all, and we are thankful to be done with this part. Learning a new operating system is always a challenge. DH also had computer problems and had to get a new computer in the last month. At least now we are both Windows 7. I've shed some tears and said some unlady like words, and have been stressed. I told DH this morning after we spent another couple of hours together downloading to this new computer,
"I have to get outside for a breath of life, butterflies, breezes, flowers and scents." He told me he had to get outside yesterday for the same reason. Too much concentration into these computers is not necessarily a good thing at all. It ties you in knots, your brain gets numbed. Now that it's basically done for both of our computers hopefully we won't have to do this again any time soon.


Every day is a learning experience in this life. Whatever we are dealt in this life, we all have to deal with our own circumstances. Some times are better than others. We have catastrophes, and we have small problems. We live life the best we can. hoping for the best and pray to God for guidance, blessings, healing, strength, peace, love.

I hope you all had a nice day today, whatever you did, and that you have a great week.

Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

17 comments:

Vetsy said...

Flower Lady I enjoyed your photos and like the words you ended this blog with.

"We live life the best we can. hoping for the best and pray to God for guidance, blessings, healing, strength, peace, love". Thank you Flower lady... I needed those words today.

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Thank you for all the beautiful photos. That tree in particular is very pretty. Hope the computers are good to go.

gld said...

I do share your pain about the new computers and all the issues involved. I still can't access my old computer and didn't transfer everything to the new one....so until my son is down again, I am stuck. I do think you will like Windows 7.

The pictures are lovely to see. The poinciana tree is beautiful....I love the name too. What are those last strange little flowers?

I hope you have a good week with little stress; changing computers is enough for a while!

Darla said...

You have some cozy looking homes around you, love them. I have never heard of that tree, it's beautiful! I too hope your computer issues are now a thing of the past. Let go and let God!

Ami said...

The poinciana trees are also in blooming in my neighbourhood. I really love this time of the year when this tree flowers. The canopy and the flowers are both lovely to make a beautiful spring-summer scene. Loved your pictures! And I am glad that you have successfully transferred everything to your new computer. Even I work in IT area, and sometimes I also could feel stress when computer doesn't work as it is supposed to. I think you will enjoy your new computer.

Masha said...

Beautiful blooms and an amazing tree, thanks for showing! I am glad your computer problems are over - I went through the same thing last summer (except I did lose a lot of pictures...).

Darcie said...

We had an absolutely lovely day here yesterday too! I remind myself to enjoy them while I can because it is cloudy again today..strange spring.
Love the pictures of those homes you took...such character. Glad you got outside and away from the computer...I know what you mean about brain numbing.

Sandy said...

Just beautiful as always...
I did have a lovely day yesterday. Thanks
for the good wishes.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Hi FlowerLady,
I enjoyed seeing photos of some of the places near where you live, and of course, those of your flowers. I hope your computer learning goes smoothly. I like what you said about needing to be outside. I sat outside a few times today, even though I didn't have the energy to do the things I would have liked to. Still, I was able to get some watering done this evening. It's a good thing I said that, because it reminds me I have a sprinkler on in the back. I am staying home from work tomorrow, though, because every time I do get some energy, and do something, I run out of steam again and have to sit or sleep. I am not eating regular food yet, either.

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog.

Dirt Princess said...

That tree is absolutely beautiful. You have alot of beautiful blooms around your place also :-)

sweetbay said...

The flowers of the poinciana are so vivid. I love the lizard on the chimney of the yellow house, especially his green feet.

Your garden flowers are lovely. I like the warm russet tones of those hibiscus flowers. They look very unique.

Annie said...

Computers are great when they're working - we used to have a Poinsettia Tree when I was growing up - this one is very big and magnificent.

NanaK said...

Plumbago is a favorite of mine and yours is just gorgeous. It blends so nicely with your roses. I love finding those houses that reflect the personality of the owner. No cookie cutters there. Hope the new computer system is fast and easy for you.

jerilanders said...

Hello dear flower lady, I know what you mean about computer problems, we crashed 3 computers last year. What a pain! Thank goodness for the garden, where all is serene and computer proof.

Becca's Dirt said...

Beautiful tree. Love how your gardens are coming along. Love your blooms. I hate dealing with computer issues. I would rather pay someone than to get so frustrated.

Diana Studer said...

(I come all the way to Florida and you greet me with my own plumbago ;~)First your computer went, then blogspot went, then Twitter went. And the weather ...

We all need some peace in the garden.

Sharon Lovejoy said...

I so loved the easy walk through the garden and the new cottage you found. What great personality it has...love the lizard up on the wall.

Sending love across the miles,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island