Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thank You

I want to say thank you to all of you for your kind, encouraging and uplifting comments today. They have been a blessing all day long.

Some of you told your own stories that touch my heart. We all go through different happenings in our lives and hopefully we grow through them into better people. We were not promised a perfect life.

I received a wonderful reminder of truth today that touched both DH and myself. It is so easy to forget truths when you are under fire.

Here is the wonderful verse sent from Sherry.

***

For God hath not given us the spirit of fear;

but of power,

and of love,

and of a sound mind.

2Ti 1:7

***

I just found the following quote and will close with this.

Wishing you all a good night or good day wherever you are.

***

"Life is huge!

Rejoice about the sun, moon, flowers, and sky.

Rejoice about the food you have to eat.

Rejoice about the body that houses your spirit.

Rejoice about the fact that you can be

a positive force in the world around you.

Rejoice about the love that is around you.

If you want to be happy
,
commit to making your life one of rejoicing."

Author Unknown

***




Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

7 comments:

Sandra said...

I just caught up with what is going on over there and I can't even believe it. It's sad when you don't feel safe in your own neighborhood. I am so afraid of pitbulls, I just don't trust that breed.

Hope your husband's hand is doing well and I hope there are no more incidents with bb's. Sheesh.

Have a wonderful rest of week, hugs,
Sandra

Meems said...

It is true... there is always something to rejoice about and it does a soul good no matter the circumstances. I just caught up on your not-so-pleasant happenings and I do hope you are feeling better about it. I am truly sorry these things have happened. You seem to know how to make the best of each situation. As long as the two of you have each other ... that is the most important thing. Your Easter dinner looked tasty... and yummy.

Amrita said...

That verse from 2Tim is wghat I hold on to in my spiritual warfare.

Dirt Princess said...

I hope you are having a better day. It always seems like everything happens at once, and it can be so overwhelming. The BB guns would have set me off. Times have changed, and unfortunately so have some peoples parenting skills. My parents would have killed me if they knew I was shooting my BB gun into someones back yard.

When I was a little girl, we had a pool. There were 2 REALLY bad boys that lived behind us. They would shoot their BB guns over our fence and into our pool. The BB's would rust, and then their parents would have to buy my parents a new pool liner. Well....my mom bought me a little dance baton for some reason. I used it a weapon on all the bad little boys in the neighborhood. I would sit at the base of our fence and watch for them to stick their fingers over our fence. When they did I would whack them with that baton!!! LOL!!!! I know it sounds mean... but TRUST me...they needed a good whacking. I think they both went to jail.....go figure!

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I just read about your Easter meal, it looked delicious! My husband is Greek and his family loves lamb, I haven't had it in a long time.
So sorry to hear about the dog bite and bbs. I once rented an apartment with a friend and we had horrible neighbors and I remember being a bit scared of them. It's too bad that some people have no respect for others. Our neighbors finally moved out in the middle of the night. Hope that things get better there.

Karen said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about all the troubles you have had. I am glad to hear your husband is doing better and pray for a resolution to the problems you're facing. Hugs to you, dear friend.

NanaK said...

So glad you're having a better day. You and your husband have created such a place of beauty and peace both inside and outside your home. I sincerely hope it can remain a sanctuary for you that will not be infiltrated by other's thoughtlessness. God's word is always the perfect place to find what we need isn't it? Thanks for sharing.