Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunset skies

Once again the sunset skies had me coming back in for the camera. I can't help it. Some times the way the sun hits the clouds just speaks to me heart and soul.

Hope you enjoy them. Right click on pictures for a larger view.


























******

How fine has the day been!

how bright was the sun,

How lovely and joyful the course that he run!

Though he rose in a mist when his race he begun,

And there followed some droppings of rain:

But now the fair traveler's come to the west,

His rays are all gold,

and his beauties are best;

He paints the skies gay as he sinks to his rest,

And foretells a bright rising again.

Isaac Watts





Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL

3 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

Absolutely stunning photographs! I love a beautiful sunset, they are just so moving! You did great, thank your for sharing. The poem is awesome!

Nancy

L said...

Sunsets are so peaceful. We should all take the time to stop and appreciate them.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Yes, I can see why you went in for your camera. I think the fourth photo is my favorite. Most of the time when I zoom for sky photos they don't turn out that well.