Saturday, December 26, 2009

Simple Living from Down to Earth


Good morning everyone. Hope your day is a lovely one whatever you do.

I recently came across a blog that really inspires me to continue to live the life we've been living, and to do so even more. Rhonda is the blogs creator, she lives in Australia with her husband Hanno. She shares her thoughts, ideas, recipes, and pictures in a gentle manner.


Here is a sampling of what she believes and writes about: ...people who decide to live simply share a determination to step away from the mainstream to pursue a life where they are content with what they have, they reconnect with family and environment, they reduce spending, conserve resources, slow down and live each day with a purpose. They see beyond the crass consumerism that supports much of modern life, to a richer way of being that is sustained primarily by family, friends, happiness and a solid day’s work.

To read more go here Down...to...Earth

This is my goal for this year to live more simply, more contentedly and enjoy life's many blessings.

May you all have a wonderful, meaningful 2010.




Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


8 comments:

Tracy said...

I love Rhonda's blog, too! :)

Gayle said...

I just spent some time at this blog and it is wonderful! Thanks for posting it.

L. D. said...

I find acquiring more things doesn't make it easier, it makes it more difficult. I want to simplify and work for quality only. I really think we are living in a society that is so busy with quick fixes that they really don't see themselves in such a hustle bustle life. Thanks for the thoughts.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I'll have to check it out. I just talked to my daughter on the phone for about an hour. We rarely talk that long! Now, I need to go to sleep.

I like the sentiments of your post, and do live more simply than some, but I really want to spend a lot of money to make my kitchen more functional, and to repair things that need it. I have been trying to save money for it, but it keeps getting spent on other things like car repairs and things my husband wants. He has been a spender all his adult life. At least I have gotten him to pay his charge cards in full each month. I don't use charge cards.

F Cameron said...

FlowerLady,
Hope you had a Merry Christmas. I am getting back to catching up on blogs. I'll have to take a look at Rhonda's.

Have a Happy New Year,
Cameron (and Charm)

Carol said...

'Tis a gift to be simple' An honorable goal! I join you in living a simple and contented life connected to nature. Best Wishes! Carol

Unknown said...

Yes, Rhonda's blog is a real gem! She is wonderful and generous in sharing all the wonderful she has learned.

I have to say I absolutely ♥ your photos! Love that blue bottle tree. I will someday have one in my garden. Your garden is just so beautiful, but you do know that you're lucky having the climate you do. Although you're in zone 10, it probably doesn't get as hot as it does where I live. The sun just literally puts a lot of strain on our plants. But I can come visit your blog and enjoy the photos and that will help me feel cooler. :)

Mrs. Mac said...

I've been following Rhonda's blog for some time now ... did I see your kitchen sink posted over there in one of her 'sink' posts? She has taught me how to be brave and make homemade laundry and bath soaps, knit dishcloths (I'm on a nice scarf now), and generally encourages me to be a good homemaker.

I even met a real life blogger from her 'place' .... that lives right in my little berg :) small world, eh?