Saturday, October 17, 2009

Fall Bloomers

Good morning. Here it is another weekend already. It is 'supposed' to go down into the 50's tonight and we are so looking forward to that.


I started feeling a sore throat yesterday afternoon while at work, and am a bit congested this morning and feel like ... I'm working again today, so will take my herbs and vitamins and use some essential oils and drink lots of water.

Here are some beauties that are blooming here. I know a lot of your gardens are closed down or are winding down for the winter. This is the time of year that ours do well.


Have a great weekend Whatever your plans are.

Penelope


Kathleen




Philipine Violet

I love growing this. The color is wonderful and the plant self-seeds so that I have babies to move around to different areas.




Dwarf Poinciana is in the next two pictures. It gets great seed pods. I grew this from seed last year I believe and this one is in a pot. I have another one in the main garden.






A flower's appeal is in its contradictions -
so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance,
so small in size yet big in beauty,
so short in life yet long on effect.

Adabella Radici



Zone 10 ~ s.e. FL


11 comments:

Dirt Princess said...

Goodmorning! It is cool here as well and it is beautiful! Lovely flowers! I love all of them!

sweetbay said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love all of them.

Charlotte Weychan said...

Really lovely pictures today!

Noelle Johnson said...

Hello Flower Lady,

I hope you are feeling better.

I love your Dwarf Poinciana! What a vibrant yellow color!

My garden is still blooming nicely too and I am looking forward to my winter flowering plants to start blooming soon.

LeSan said...

Your right this is the time of year that we in the cooler climes get to ooh and ahh over your blooming weather. I love that lavender flower especially. It is such a beautiful shade and the flower shape if lovely.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I hope you are continuing to feel better. Just so you know, if you don't title a post, it can't be "picked" in blotanical. Your blooms are lovely!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Ladies ~ Thank you each one for your comments and glad you enjoyed the pictures.

Dirt Princess ~ Glad to hear you are having beautiful weather too.

SweetBay ~ I love them all too.

Galloping Gardener ~ Thanks.

azplantlady ~ thank you. This morning I feel really dragged out, runny nose and sneezing. I don't have to do anything or go anywhere today and that sounds just right. ~ I don't have very many yellows in my garden. I think most of them are shrubs and small trees. This poinciana was grown from seed and I have desert cassia, popcorn cassia and another cassia which all have yellow flowers as well. I've not seen blooms yet from the desert or popcorn cassias. I just grew them from seeds this spring. I'll be watching your blog to see what is growing in your gardens.

LeSan ~ Yes, this is when we switch places with the oohing and aahing. Right now it is 54 and with the wind chill factor feels like it is 46. So, it got colder than predicted. It is really windy outside too.

Sue ~ Thanks. I'll feel better in time. Thanks for the tip about the title. I wasn't feeling all that hot and just forgot to put in a title. I went back and did that.

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.

FlowerLady

Tatyana@MySecretGarden said...

All these blooms are lovely, but first two are very elegant. Take care of yourself and get well soon!

L. D. said...

It is your job to keep the flowers coming as we are shutting down for good now. I have a lot of inside flowers that I can shoot for awhile but the heat of furnace air will eventually take them out. I got two orchids at Walmart. I will be playing with them to keep them going. Beautiful flower pictures.

Anonymous said...

Like L.D. said it's your job to keep the flowers coming -they are almost all gone here except the hardy snapdragons I found yesterday.
We need to see green so more pretty flower pictures like these would be so nice!
vickie

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Tatyana ~ Thank you for your comment about the two rose pictures and well-being wishes.

L.D. ~ I will do my best to keep the flower pictures coming for you all to enjoy while your gardens sleep. I do not have luck with orchids indoors. Hope yours do well and thrive for you.

Vicki ~ Hardy snapdragons sound wonderful to me. They are a happy little flower. Guess I better put my photographer hat on and get cracking on taking pictures for you all to enjoy.

FlowerLady