Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Roses and orchids



Good afternoon. Hope you all have had a lovely day today. I went out early to weedwack and do some weeding and trimming. Boy, once that sun reaches a certain point in the sky it starts being miserable. It was a hot, humid time in the gardens. I checked the weather and it was 89 but felt like it was 102, no wonder I was feeling dragged out. I just left some trimmings to be raked up tomorrow morning as I had had enough.

I did get out and took some pictures. I will have a couple of posts of them. This one is of Prosperity roses and Vanda orchids with hamelia patens or firebush in everyday humble garden language. :-)

Have a nice evening and a great day tomorrow.

Click on pictures for larger views.
















Musings from FL zone 10



2 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Lovely photos, as always! I bought a white rose recently. It's called icicle or ice burg, I can't remember which. It seems to be doing OK so far.

It was a nicer day today, not as hot, and we are supposed to have lows in the 50s and 60s the next week or so. Imagine that! They say we could have record lows. Maybe some of it will come your way!

sweetbay said...

Prosperity is a very nice rose, you can't have too many white roses in the garden. Lovely orchid too.