Saturday, June 6, 2009

Where the close up pictures are taken


Good morning everyone. It is cooler out this morning after yesterday afternoon's nasty thunderstorm with torrential rains. It is very humid out though, but the rain has been great for our drought stricken part of the country.

After weed-wacking and mowing this week and sweeping paths, I decided to take some pictures of where I garden and where the pictures of my flowers in bloom are taken.

I don't have wide or long vistas. I mostly have hallways and rooms here on our 1/4 acre. Right now there isn't too much in bloom as things have gone through their first flushes. I'm also adding more color by growing things from seed, it just takes a little longer, so patience is required.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend, playing in your gardens or whatever summer projects you are doing.

Please click on the picture below to see a green, summer tour. There are descriptions under each picture in the album. Please excuse the rusty color on some of the white pieces, it is the swampy, rusty well-water that so. FL has which stains everything.











8 comments:

Debbie's Garden said...

I loved the tour!!! So lush. Each path leaves me wanting to know whats around the bend. Did you move all that rock in around the paths? I like it. Gates, trellises, all beautiful and creative.

F Cameron said...

Your garden is enchanting! I love the paths and accents. You've created so much charm. It must be heavenly to spend time there.

Cameron

sweetbay said...

I love what you've done in your garden. It's so lush and inviting.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

I love all the paths and gate and benches to sit and enjoy the view. I like all the green and the fresh feeling it gives to your garden.

Mrs. E said...

What a great blog! Such pretty pictures. I can just sit and daydream that one day, I will discover a green thumb so my yard could look like yours! ha!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate your time in looking and leaving a note.

Debbie ~ It is really lush since we've had all of this rain. Yes, we placed all of those rocks around. Some of them are quite heavy too.

Cameron ~ Enchanting, I like that and will have to remember that when I feel down. I've been enjoying my gardens more lately, feeling more peaceful in them.

Sweet Bay ~ I do hope it's inviting to any who may visit.

Catherine ~ Green is serene, as they say, but I love the happiness of colors, so am working on adding more to my gardens.

Mrs E ~ All you have to do is plant the first flower, herb, vine, vegetable, or fruit and you're on your way.

Thanks again everyone and have a great week ~ FlowerLady

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I enjoyed the tour. You have such a lush, beautiful property! Thanks!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning Sue ~ Thank you. Glad you enjoyed the tour of our tropical/cottage gardens. Still more work to be done, but it is coming along.

FlowerLady