Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies

Like I mentioned in my last posting, it's been raining here, so yesterday morning I made these delicious, melt in your mouth Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookies. I got the recipe online from AllRecipes

In the picture below you can see some of my over 300 cookbooks. I've not bought any in quite some time now. Have enough don't ya' think? Got most of them from yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores. I have parted with some, but not very many. :-)

I used 1 c. butter, instead of shortening and margarine. I also added 1/2 c. chocolate chips, not called for in original recipe. Neither was the butter. :-) I also used regular oatmeal as I didn't have quick cooking.

Here is the recipe.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies


INGREDIENTS

1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine, softened(or 1c. butter)
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1/2 c. chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine,
brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth.
Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended.
Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture.
Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.

3. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and store in an airtight container.




3 comments:

Dirt Princess said...

YUM!!!!!

Jenny wren's nest said...

Hi, I love allrecipes,com I get a lot of good out of it.
when I only have old fashion oats on hand I put then in the food processor for a few seconds, I almost prefer oats done this way for cookies and bread.
Jenny

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

That sounds good, especially with the added chocolate chips. I think I may try some this weekend with my girls.