Thursday, May 21, 2009

My First Collage


Good morning everyone. Well, it looks like our drought is over. It's been raining off and on since Monday evening. Last night we had horrible T-storms, wind, hail, rain. It reminded me of the three hurricanes we went through. My stomach was upset for awhile as the wind and rain blew all around, lightening flashed and thunder crashed. I did fall back to sleep only to be woken up by a crash of what sounded like glass. We got up and looked out the windows but didn't see anything. When I went out this morning I saw it was my blue glass bouquet. The whole thing had blown over and it doesn't look like anything broke, so I'm glad of that. I just left it laying where it is since I'm going to have to reinforce it with rebar. It is pouring right now as I type. Thunder is booming too. No gardening for me today that's for sure.

Since it's an indoor day, I got into my new photo program and one of the things that came with it is Corel Media One. I can do lots of different things in there, but played around with a collage first. It was fun, and easy. The picture is below.

Have a lovely day whatever you do.

Hugs ~ FlowerLady






For after all the best thing one can do
when
it is raining,
is to let it rain.


Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

6 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Nice collage. We are expecting rain thru the weekend due the system in the Gulf. Have a good day even if it is raining.

sweetbay said...

Beautiful collage. I know you'd probably rather be outside in the garden, but rain is a great thing.

I know what you mean about hurricanes. We've been through Fran and Floyd...

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

Those strong wind storms make me nervous too. After being through hurricanes I'm sure it must really be nerve wracking. Glad nothing was damaged.
I love your collage, it is great!

Unknown said...

Oh what a beautiful collage. Which photo program is this one? I love creating mosaics. Yours is gorgeous.
Karen

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good evening everyone ~ Glad you liked the collage. It was fun to do once I got the hang of using the program.

Hi Becca ~ Hope you don't get any really nasty weather. I think the storms have finally cleared out of here.

SweetBay ~ The rain was great, and everything looks so much better. Hurricanes are scary that's for sure. We went through Frances, Jeanne and Wilma, Wilma being the worst/strongest, then without power for 13 days. This was all within about 14 months. Frances and Jeanne were just a week or so apart.

Catherine ~ Even as a kid, I was not crazy about storms, but after having gone through three hurricanes in a little over a year, I like storms even less. I am thankful we were spared any real horrible damages like some have experienced.

Karen ~ I got Corel Media One with Paint Shop Pro Ultimate Photo X2. I'm still learning to use both programs, plus the paint program that came along with the pkg.

Have a great holiday weekend.

FlowerLady

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I am glad you are getting some needed rain, but hope it doesn't get stormier. I'm glad your bottles didn't break. Your collage is lovely, and I like the quote about letting it rain.