Thursday, April 9, 2009

A new adventure

Hello everyone. Hope you are all able to get out in your gardens now that spring is here. I know some of you have had more cold weather, some frost, some snow, but hopefully nicer weather is on the way. We even had chilly temps here for the last couple of nights and it has been great for working out in the gardens during the day. Pretty soon, it will be miserable, so we're trying to get a lot done now while we feel like it.

My new adventure is I now have an Etsy shop. It is empty at the moment as I've been setting up the home page, my profile etc. Learning as I go along. I am nervous and excited at the same time. The economy isn't so hot, but hopefully it will pick up again.

I read a couple of different writings the today, that really seemed just right for what's happening. One was 'Manifest Your Dreams' by Suzanne Falter-Barns.

"There is no magic to creating what you want in life. You simply have to want it, totally, purely, absolutely, and then, more importantly, you have to know that you can have it."

The next writing was by Jo Courdet from 'Go For It Lady'.

"The only thing more dangerous than taking a risk, is not taking it. Maybe, as author Garrison Keillor has remarked, you're supposed to get reckless as you grow older. That way you keep saying yes to life. And perhaps saying yest, not being safe, is the real point of life."

Below is the banner I made for the shop. Our little home is Plum Cottage and this is where we create works of art. Fiber art, photography and whatever else we come up with.




So, if I'm not around as much you'll know why. I'm creating pieces for my shop, along with working in my gardens, helping DH with projects around here, and working part time also.

I have been working more on the front patio area, bringing more potted plants there, so that I can keep everything watered easier.

Jasmine, hoya, roses, angelwing begonias are all filling the air with their wonderful scents.

Enjoy your spring gardens and have a wonderful Easter also.

FlowerLady

6 comments:

Becca's Dirt said...

Good luck in the Etsy shop. Happy Easter.

Catherine@AGardenerinProgress said...

How exciting to try something new. I love your banner, it looks like cross stitch. I can't wait to see the different items you have been making to sell. I wish you lots of luck and great success!!

Jean Campbell said...

What an adventure, FlowerLady! I look forward to seeing your shop, and wish you great success.

It looks as if you've really been busy. We'll hope to see you pop in at GW now and then, as well as here.

Dirt Princess said...

I can't wait to visit your etsy shop! Etsy is such an NEAT place!!! People are so talented!!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning ~ Sorry I didn't get back to your posts sooner. Have been busy on a few projects.

Becca ~ Thank you. I hope my little shop will do well. Time will tell.

Catherine ~ Thank you also. The banner is filet crochet, something I enjoy doing and will have pieces in my shop. The banner was made in a program that I have. It is not crocheted.

Nell ~ An adventure for sure. Hopefully it will be a fun ride.

Dirt Princess ~ Etsy is a fun, wonderful place to visit. There is so much talent there. It was a wonderful idea someone had for handmade items.

Thanks again for all of your kind comments and well wishes.

FlowerLady

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I like your banner, too. I hope to get a chance to visit your sop later today. I am going to church in a few minutes.