Monday, January 19, 2009

Salvia leucantha ~ Velvet Sage, Mexican Bush Sage




Good morning everyone. Hope you are warm and healthy wherever you are.

Last year I bought Salvia leucantha and just love it. I hope to get more plants from this main plant to spread around our property. The color is beautiful and I love the velvety feel and look of the blooms. The silvery green leaves are really pretty also. After reading the info from Floridata I now know that my cultivar is Purple Velvet. As the flowers are the same color as the purple calyces.

Yesterday I took pictures, and I sure love the macro capabilities of my camera.

If this wonderful plant will grow in your zone, get it, you won't be disappointed.

The info below is from:
Mexican Bush Sage


  • Evergreen Perennial
  • Drought tolerant
  • Mature Size: 4 feet x 4 feet
  • Full Sun
  • Purple/White Flowers
  • Blooms Summer through Winter
  • Attracts Butterflies
  • Attracts Hummingbirds
  • Deer Resistant

For more information go to this link. Floridata

Click on the pictures for a larger view.

FlowerLady












3 comments:

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Lovely! It looks nice with your bottle tree, too.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thanks Sue. Hope my sage doesn't get too blasted with the cold we will be getting tonight. It is supposed to get down around 38 and feel like it's 27.

FlowerLady

Mark Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.