Monday, December 22, 2008

Our Cottage Christmas

It is hard to believe Christmas is here once again.
This year I just set up our small tree and our nativity.

I usually do more and we have a large tree as well,
but we are in the middle of doing some remodeling
and this is what I felt like doing this year.


The tree is decorated with mostly hand made ornaments
from a swap I was involved in for several years
and some I've made along with ones made by DH's mother,
plus a few antiques.
Lots of loving memories go through my mind as I decorate the tree.


The Nativity scene started with the little 'mud' figurines that DH and I got
when we were living in Spain our second married Christmas.
We got the Holy Family, the three wisemen and a donkey and a cow.
The angels and all the others have been added over the years.
DH made the creche some years ago.
I lay fresh rosemary sprigs in it before I set it up.
In the two silver salt and pepper shakers
is frankincense in one and myrrh in the other.




May you all have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2009.

FlowerLady






















Here is another Christmas posting on my website 'O Holy Night'

2 comments:

F Cameron said...

Lovely home and decorations.

Merry Christmas to you and your family,

Cameron

Jean Campbell said...

I would not have thought to put rosemary in the creche, nor to have frankincense and myrrh in silver shakers. That made a great display even more special. I enjoyed all your decors.

Merry Christmas.
Nell