Monday, September 29, 2008

Errand Day



Today is the day we usually do our errands, getting back home around noon. We do not like shopping, but are thankful that we are able to. It is always nice to pull back into our driveway from the hectic road out front.

I am looking for ways to cut back on our grocery bill, and one way will be in eating less meat. I also want to make more bread in my bread machine. I just checked out a good book from the library called 'Whole Grain Breads by Machine or Hand' by Beatrice A. Ojakanaas. I've been copying down ones that sound really interesting and good to me and look forward to making them.

We also look for bargains when shopping, buy one get one free, is always nice.

It is said that you should go shopping with a list, I do, and also that you shouldn't go grocery shopping when you are hungry, which we also do.

Right now, I need to go make my list, look into some of my cookbooks for recipes for the week, and get ready to head out.

Hope your Monday is a good one whatever you do.

FlowerLady
******

“A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry,
and see a fine picture every day of his life,

in order that worldly cares may not obliterate
the sense of the beautiful implanted in the human soul.”


- Johann Wolfgang Goethe





2 comments:

Sunday Girl said...

Love your musings, Flowerlady, and your blog. Nice job! I will enjoy reading it.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Thank you for your kinds words.

FlowerLady